Monday, March 27, 2006

Duh Vinci Code and Jesus Papers

Both Dan Brown's book, The Da Vinci Code Michael Baigent's The Jesus Papers (from which Brown allegedly copied) will go on sale in paperback tomorrow.

I have read Brown's book, and will have to say I am better for it. It called into question so much of what I was taught and believed as a Catholic that I began reading the Catechism for real answers. It made me a better Catholic. Unfortunately, it has had a tremendous impact the other direction for others not as grounded in their faith.

My hope is that the sale of both these heresies affect one another's sales and neither sells many copies.

For information on how you as a Catholic can refute what is taught in these books go here:
Jesus Decoded by the USCCB
Dismanteling the Da Vinci Code
Jesus Decoded by Amy Welborn

No comments: