Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Eleventh Station - Jesus is Nailed to the Cross

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me, far from my prayer, far from the words of my cry?
Oh my God, I cry out by day, and you answer not; I cry out by night, and there is no relief for me.
All my bones are racked.
My heart has become like wax melting away within my chest.
My throat is dried up liked baked clay, my tongue cleaves to my jaws; they have pierced my hands and my feet;
I can count all my bones.
Ps. 22:2-3, 15-16, 17b)

2 comments:

Matthew said...

This one along with "Jesus Dies on the Cross" are the two most touching to me. Sometimes, I just stop during the day and look at my hands and realize that Christ allowed Himself to be nailed so that I wouldn't have to be. I find such love for Christ in that thought - that He would be nailed to a tree out of love of me.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of the Lenten Devotions To The Five Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ? For me it is a very emotional and intense devotion, but one I include every Lent. I, too, am amazed at Christ's love for me.