Friday, June 30, 2006

Minute Meditations - June 30

Scripture
"Give me an accounting of your stewardship."

(Luke 16:2)

Reflection
"Don't you have by your side booklets on which you enter your account each day?
In the Same way, You must make an accounting every day for your conscience."

- St. John Crysostom

Prayer
God of forgiveness, help me to make a daily examination of conscience. Teach me how to pinpoint faults, ask Your forgiveness for them, and resolve to do better in the future.

- Every Day is a Gift

Tags: Minute Meditations

UPDATE:
In response to thebluesbutterfly's comment to this post, I have come up with a few links to help someone in their Examination of Conscience. The majority of what I have found (and I just Googled "Examination of Conscience") use reflective questions formed around the Ten Commandments. What have you all found to be helpful?

Explanation
Catholic Encyclopedia from New Advent

Examinations based on the 10 Commandments


1 comment:

Andi said...

I would like to see more links to ways to examine one's conscience in this post.

I intend to make an examination of conscience something I do much more often.