Monday, January 16, 2006

Congratulations Moneybags!!

Inserted ever so quietly in this post is Moneybags' intention to enter the priesthood! I would have missed it if my mom didn't point it out to me last night!

Please visit this post on his blog, A Catholic Life and let him know how supportive we are of his decision! What wonderful news!!!

I think a prayer for vocations is in order (from EWTN):

O Holy Spirit, Spirit of wisdom and divine love, impart Your knowledge, understanding, and counsel to youth that they may know the vocation wherein they can best serve God. Give them courage and strength to follow God's holy will. Guide their uncertain steps, strengthen their resolutions, shield their chastity, fashion their minds, conquer their hearts, and lead them to the vineyards where they will labor in God's holy service. Amen.


[Listening to: Open My Eyes - Rick Springfield - Reflections Disc 1 (1:20)]

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

Thanks for the heads up. That will teach me to read more carefully! :-)

Matthew said...

Thank you so much, Darren for this very kind post. May the Lord bless you abundantly for your kindness and generosity.

Jean Heimann said...

Hi Darren,

This is my first visit to your blog and I am impressed. It looks great. I am praying with you for your brother's vocation.

God bless you,
Jean

Matthew said...

Thank you, Darren so much for this post again. I just decided to make a whole post on my vocation and I wanted to let you know.

PS: Catholic Fire says that she is praying for your brother's vocation. Does he feel called to also be a priest? I didn't know you had a brother. Or did I misread the post?

Thanks